Friday, October 12, 2012

mondays with my old pastor

This is a review of Mondays with My Old Pastor.

This book was an interesting read.

There were some positive things about this book. It was well-written and not too wordy or lengthy. I also appreciated very much the example that it sets for us. In a culture and time where all things must be current, hip, stylish, we should always be returning to the older generation for the wisdom and experience they have to offer us.

I have the feeling, though, that these stories were a little bit polished. They all seemed a little too articulate and glossed over. I think this sort of book needs to have some stories that have a little more personality, more character to it. This left me a bit unsatisfied.

It was an enjoyable read, but one that didn't move me too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment